Sunday, June 3, 2012

Key to my Heart Fathers Day Card

Tim Holtz has posted his June Tag Challenge, and I actually had time to "play along"!  Tim's technique this month featured coloring in a black and white vintage photo with distress markers, and his usual collage of trinkets, etc.  Now while my admiration of Tim and collection of most of his products is HUGE, I actually have very few of the trinkets.  I'm on a Father's Day kick, trying to make cards (yes, NOT at the last minute!) for the Gallery, and I did a little google search for vintage photos and came up with this one of Fred Astaire and his sister, Adelle (I think that was her name), doing a little dance step.  I did the background using Tim's Picket Fence marbleing technique, mixed with tea stain and pumice stone.  I have some of the music tissue paper and that seemed perfect to layer over top, attached with some modge podge, then given a coat of Golden's Gold Opal Acrylic Glaze, creating a nice textured/subtly colored background.  The photo was printed on glossy paper, and I used the distress markers - Honestly , it was amazing how easy this was and how great it looked!!! Naturally I had to use some Smooch Spritz (silver) and that put the final "vintage" touch on it.  PTI had the perfect sentiment stamps, and I finished it off with Tim's Idea-ology lock and key trinkets (I just couldn't resist the crown!) I think the die-cut label is MFT.  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Poppy Parade paper/ink is Stampin' Up.

1 comment:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

What a great interpretation of Tim's tag.